[ 2012 UPDATE: http://gammagoblin.blogspot.com/2012/05/barack-obama-antichrist-incarnate.html ]
There I was, browsing through Christian films (I do that every now and again). I found one gem, "Countdown to Armageddon", which was made in 1996. It's another one of those, "the world is more evil now than ever" productions. I was having a good old chuckle their take on the world as it was in 1996. They came out with things like Jamie Bulger's killing is a sign that the end is nigh. Then the topic of the Antichrist raised its horny head. The laughing stopped and I thought "holy shit", to myself. They had described the Antichrist just as you'd describe Barack Obama!
Lets look at the points:
- "Great charisma, and speaking ability" People complained that we don't know what Obama's agenda's are. Some wondered, does he actually have any real ideas at all, but everyone has agreed that he's got a silver tongue and shit loads of charisma.
- "rise to power on a wave of world euphoria" Everyone in the world is talking about Obama. Even in Ireland people were crying over his election. I'd say thats a "wave of world euphoria" if ever I heard one.
- "saves the world from its economic and political problems" The world economy is currently fucked. Will he fix it? Well we don't know yet, but whats being said everywhere (even here) is that he brings hope, hope for a great change.
- "7 year plan" 8 years in office (if he gets reelected)
- "does not regard the desire of women" Two female candidates involved in the last election. A woman running for president, first time ever! He smited them both. If you read this line of scripture backwards and inside-out it kinda makes sense, kinda... ok its a weak point.
- "stern look" Yes!
- "3 and a half years into his 7 year reign, he will break the covenant" Now this is the spookiest part of all. Obama takes over in 2009, 3 and a half years after that is the middle of 2012. Scriptures say that very soon after the covenant is broken, Jesus will return and Judgement Day will be upon us.. "Very soon after" the middle of 2012 is the much bespoke of, "End of the Mayan Calander." There are countless separate accounts and reasons for why 2012 might be the end of the world as we know it. I first heard about this back in the 90's when reading about Terence McKenna's description on his Time-Wave Zero theory. Theres also fractal-time theories, black holes and other jobbies.
- "The rise of a one world governemt, headed by a superhuman dictator"
Not only does he mock the birth of his enemy, but he also refers to himself as superhuman. Or how about this? Or These?? Oh you may laugh now, but in 2012 when the 4 monkey men of the apocalyptic Armageddon are chasing after you, don't come running to me. So fall on your knees now and begged to be saved by the Jeebus!
[Obama image via Wonkette]