I've LOST The Plot
I've stuck with watching LOST since episode 1, way back in 2005. It's the one program on TV that I sit down to watch every week. Season 1 was excellent, really spooky shit, but even I have to admit that last episode was a real kick in the hole to loyal viewership. I personally know people who loved every episode of season 1 but never watched LOST again after that season cliff-hanger finale.
A lot of the time with LOST it's been painful to watch. Some episodes added nothing to the story. I guess the writers might have hoped people would entertain themselves with their own ideas and theories about what the Island is. Me, I never gave a fuck. I never wondered if it was hell, or a parallel dimension, a game show, toxic waste land, Craggy Island... I just watched it. I still want to know what the hatch from season 1 is all about. Oh I know they "built a story around it" in season 2 but I mean, the original mystery of the hatch has never been explained, and the more I watch of the final season, the more I realise nothing will be explained. This is the modern day Twin Peaks, but at least Twin Peaks never promised to make sense.
I watched another episode finish tonight, and I feel so empty. This must be what long term heroin addiction feels like. Oh well, Evangeline Lilly's bewbz.
So when did LOST turn shit:
1) It was always shit, get over it.
2) The end of season 1 when they left you hanging.
3) The fact that there was a season 2.
5) When the storyline left the island.
6) Time travel.
8) John Locke not being John Locke.
7) The fact that it's one big long dragged out ever-twisting convoluted story line with no real rhyme nor reason; which you are watching now simply out of brut habit even though you know nothing will ever be explained by the final episode.
Posted at 22:49