This afternoon I was reading a post on staynalive.com (via), discussing how Twitter and Facebook have silently killed off their linkage to a profiles RSS feed. The feeds are still active (at least, the ones I'm subscribed to are) but any reference to them have been removed. Because I'm still somewhat of a Twitter-is-shit person, and enjoy the ability to subscribe to a users entire stream via RSS, I investigated a work-around. The best I could come up with is finding your own RSS feed:
- Log into your account and (e.g. http://www.twitter.com/YGoblin)
- View the source of your "Home" page (actually, this will work no matter what page or profile you're viewing, once you're logged in).
- Search for "rss".
- You'll find a URL for your "favorites" RSS feed (i.e. http://twitter.com/favorites/147643216.rss)
- Simply subsitute the "favorites" part of that URL with "statuses/user_timeline" (i.e. http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/42198704.rss)
- Share the RSS feed with people who are, or are not, using Twitter.